December 1 already!!
As I was considering my Christmas message, I realized that I have missed a couple weeks posting a blog to which I apologize. First off, I want to thank everyone who signed up for Parent Teacher Conferences. It was nice to put a face to a name finally!
November was filled with many different learning opportunities for the student. We worked on healthy eating and learning about the food groups, learned how to measure items using non-standard measuring tools like cubes and standardized measuring tools like a ruler. Please check your child's Iris account under Student Learning Plan for photos of the work they completed. To login into your child's Iris account:
Login name: Studnet CBE Id number
Password: 12345678
Another exciting moment in November was the arrival of a new student, Noor. She has been able to share some of her favourite music with us, as well as, introduce us to a new letter app which a few students have taken a liking to.
Finally, our class participated in the Remembrance Day ceremony with a few of our students reading a poem. Additionally, our class alongside the other EES class and Mr. Mike's Grade 3/4 French class led the school assembly this month. Together, we created an exercise video to get the school moving and our class gave the land acknowledgement in English while his class gave the land acknowledgement in French. If anyone would like to watch the exercise video, please email me as the file is too large to upload here.
Important Upcoming Dates:
Dec 10 Fun Snack
Dec 16 Fun Lunch (wear spirit wear)
Dec 17 Last Day of classes – Pyjama day (keep in mind we still go outside for recess – wear layers)
Jan 4 TUESDAY school resumes