Let me introduce myself

 Let me introduce myself

Welcome back to another exciting school year!  I hope everyone had a nice summer with opportunities to take time away from our hectic schedules to spend time with family and friends.  For those of you I have had the opportunity to meet thank you for your support as we start a new school year with some big changes.  To those of you I have not met, hello!  As such, let me introduce myself.

My name is Brian Hogan and this is my first year teaching. For the past four years, I have attended Mount Royal University to secure an Education degree.  Beforehand, however, I worked with students and adults with special needs for 17 years primarily in school settings through my company Cowtown Community Services.  We provided Before and After school care to students with special needs, an employment program for Junior High and High School students with special needs, consulting and transitioning services including securing funding through FSCD and PDD, as well as, guardianship services. Furthermore, I have worked for Calgary Quest School, a special designated school for children with special needs, and Rocky View School Division to provide programming and support in the classroom and home.  

As you can imagine, a new school year brings forth exciting, new opportunities.  Over the next two weeks, I will be getting to know your children through play, music, and tasks that allow me to assess their skills and abilities.  Additionally, a big component of previous classrooms I have developed have had a focus on community opportunities.  As such, we will begin going on community walks and practicing sidewalk and street safety with a goal of walking to Tim Horton's for donuts in the near future.  Watch for more information in future blog post and school messages from me.

Finally, communication is key to the success of our classroom and your children.  I have seen many families have already signed up for Mr. Brian's EES Class through the remind app.  For those that still which to do so, here is the link to download the Remind:School Communication app (link found here - https://apps.apple.com/us/app/remind-school-communication/id522826277).  To join Mr. Brian's EES Class, please follow the link found here - https://www.remind.com/join/mrbrianse. 

Popular posts from this blog

Where did this week go?

A short week!

We keep on trucking along!